What is an Accountability Partner? How can this boost your freelancing career? How can you get one?
For the answers check out the guest post I just wrote on Freelancer Map titled Get an Accountability Partner – It Will Change Your Life.
If you have ever struggled with:
- Accomplishing your goals that are important but not urgent
- Sticking to your aggressive timelines
- Staying motivated
- Growing your freelance business
- Deferring your goals when life gets in the way
- Managing your own schedule for maximum productivity
–Then I have good news! Getting an accountability partner will help you in all of these areas and allow you to 10X your results on a more aggressive schedule.
An accountability partner is someone that you share your goals with and who checks on your progress to make sure you’re on task. This could be a friend, family member, partner, spouse, or someone you seek out for this specific purpose.
An accountability partner will:
- push you to stay on top of your goals
- you will want to look good for your accountability partner
- you can’t make the same excuses to them that you make to yourself
Having an accountability partner will help you focus and prioritize those things you really want to get done like writing more articles, getting more clients, and increasing your profits. By staying motivated and focused you will prioritize busy work where it should be: last.
To learn how to get an accountability partner check out the article.
Here’s a sample script, from the article, to use when reaching out for an accountability partner.
I read your article on X and I really liked it. I especially liked points A, B, and C.
I was wondering if you would like to be accountability partners? I’m a freelance writer and I have ambitious goals for growing my business and being published in Y magazine.
I know you have ambitious goals too so I think we could help each other out. We can talk once a week, via phone or Skype, and share which of our goals we accomplished that week and which we did not.
This would require minimal time effort and could help both of us stay focused on our goals and accomplish even greater heights. Let me know what you think.
All the best,
- Reach out to 5 people this week, asking them to be your accountability partner.
- Share your experience in the comments!
*Freelancer Map is a great resource for freelancers of all kinds to find gigs and get the information they need to thrive.